Sabtu, 08 Desember 2012

making suggestions and requesting something



Making suggestion is a kind of our respond to other people about solution of their problem that is asked to us.  
1) WHAT ABOUT/HOW ABOUT ... + Base form + -ING
What about going to the pictures tonight?
How about going to the pictures tonight?

2) WHY + Negative
Why don't we go to the swimming pool tomorrow?

3) IMPERATIVE: Let's + Base form
Let's go to the restaurant now!

4) COULD
We could visit Paris next week.

Here are some express for making suggestions

● I suggest that …
● I would suggest that …
● My suggestions is …
● What about …?
● Perhaps we should ...

● We’d better/we must …
● A possible solution to your problem is …

Requesting Something is what we say when we want to ask someone to do something for us. 

Expressing Requests
•          Would you mind …, please?
•          Can/Could you …?
•          Will/Would you …?
•          Please …
•          Accepting Requests
•          Sure, I’d be glad/happy to …
•          Of course/Certainly.
•          No problem.
•          Sure. Just a moment.

•          Refusing Requests
•          I’d loved to, but …
•          It sounds great, but …
•          I’m/sorry, but …
•          Sorry to say that …

Example making polite request :
•          Could you open the window for me, please?
•          Would you mind closing the door for us, please?"
•          Can you close the door for me, please?
•          Could you possibly show me the way to the post office, please?
•          Would you help me with this exercise, please?
The responses for that polite request can be
•          Sure.
•          Certainly.
•          Why not
•          With a pleasure.
•          I'd be glad to.
•          I am afraid I can't.
•          I am sorry I can't.
The pattern
•          Would you mind is followed by the verb and -ing.


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar